Friday, July 22, 2011

Thoughts on an amazing week...

Growing up I went to a VBS once or twice. I went on one mission trip, and had a couple other short mission experiences during youth group. The first "big event" I ever planned at CCC was middle school mission week in 2007. Other than that...I have only been in Ohio twice - never to Cleveland - and I had never done inner city work. I am not exactly experienced in the things we did this week. Needless to say, this week in Cleveland was a challenge for me.

God is faithful! As leaders, we talked about how amazing this week was many, many times. We had very little drama. No messy boy-girl relationship stuff, and overall, the kids listened really well. We actually heard from the people in Cleveland that this was the most well run VBS yet, and best of all, our kids did almost everything. That speaks to their maturity and how they've grown over the past year.

This is my first group of 8th grade students as a pastor. I really could not ask for a better first year, first group of students, or first set of leaders. I could not be more proud of the entire group of people I served with on this trip.

This is the verse that was constantly in my head for the entire week. "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Cor 12:9

Blessings.
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment